Saturday, February 25, 2012

Perfectly Procrastinating

My apologies for leaving everyone hanging for so long. I'm the best procrastinator I know ^_^ Here are some quick updates.

Plarn bag: I ran out of plarn and had been putting off and putting off making more simply because my hands hurt from crocheting this strong stuff. But last night I made a BUNCH of yarn pieces and today I put them to work.
As you can see I continued with the brown bags up the sides SC (single crocheting) 9 rows. Then I switched to SC, CH and skip. This creates a mesh like effect. I did that for 5 rows and switched to white bags with the same stitch. I will continue this for about 9 rows, then back to brown for 5 and again SC 9 rows. And then I can figure out how I want to finish it off and add handles!!


Oh, I started a new book (thank goodness I finally finished The Mermaid Chair... did not like that.) called Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez. I suppose it's the same author as The Help? I didn't get to read or even watch that movie yet :( Very upset about that. Anyhow I'm thoroughly enjoying this book. It's easy to understand and captivating. I'm already more than half way through!!

Other projects: I find a lot of inspiration through Pinterest. Are you on there? On my board of "Crafts To Try" is this pin of a clothespin wreath. I started painting my clothespins so I can make this for my sons room to accommodate all of those It's A Boy cards he got. I've got the beads and ribbon... Now to just stop procrastinating...

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE... Also while not finishing my bag I did manage to finish my crochet hook holder. It rolls up into itself nicely and has two small ties to keep it closed. It's not perfect by any means but it's good enough for me.

Let's see what else. Oh I listed my Swarovski Crystal Turtle Figurines on eBay.

My two guys were sick as dogs this past week :( So miserable that I didn't know what I could do. We put on the humidifier, gave DS steamy showers with DH, kept him warm and cuddly. Gave him extra loving and lots of fluids... And then finally I broke down and got some Vicks Baby Rub (saved $2 with a coupon, otherwise I would have gotten the generic form) and sparingly gave him some. Oh he slept for a 5 hour nap that first application. My poor baby. I'm so glad he is doing better now. Still not 100% but hey he's eating and sleeping and playing and smiling.. AND he stood on his own for about 15 seconds last night. I'm so proud of him.

Alright. And last but not least. I told you I was working on a new project for my shop.. Well here it is: Little Secret Envelopes. They are so small, about 1.25 x 1.5 " and include a tiny note card for you to etch a special message. Use them for...

  • Drawing a name out of a hat
  • Scavenger hunts
  • Secret Santa type games
  • Baby Shower games
  • Leaving a tiny love note in someone's pocket
  • Seating place cards
  • Wedding or party favors
And so much more. 

These are lined with a variety of animal print papers. But before I put them in the shop I'd like to make some with an Easter theme. What are your thoughts?? 



That's all from me today. I hope this long post makes up for the weeks of absence. Gotta run now, the little man is stirring ^_^ Much love and hope everyone has a pleasant weekend!!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment