If you've ever seen those awesome Etsy photos of items just floating on a bed of white and wondered how the F did they do that? Your mouth agape in amazement. Well I'm here to show you how to go from alright to magnificent ^_^ Take for instance this photo at right of my sons first pair of Chucks. That's Chuck Taylors or Converse for those who don't know. This picture isn't terrible, for an iPhone photo anyhow ( I REALLY NEED A CAMERA). But when you place them into a photo light box thingamajig then, presto change-o:
- One sturdy box larger than 12x12x12 if possible (Free if you've got one laying around)
- Tape of some sort, preferably packing tape or duct tape (Also free if you can find it)
- Tissue paper x 3 depending on how big of a box you've got (you guessed it, free)
- An exacto knife, box cutter. I will not be held accountable for your dangerous stunts. Go buy a quality cutter!!! (Mine was probably $12 but I had a gift card = Free)
- White posterboard and any other colors you'd like, though you should stick to black or white at first. NO crazy patterns. (This was a splurge. $0.30 a piece and I got two *cringe*)
- And a cute little something you've got laying around (FREE)
- Oh and you should also use: a ruler, and marker, or pen or pencil.